Relaxation in OCI Guidelines till 30th June 2021
Embassy of India
Washington, D.C., USA
1. The following OCI guidelineas have been in force since 2005:
• OCI card is required to be re-issued each time a new passport is acquired by the cardholder up to the age of 20 years.
• OCI card is required to be re-issued once on acquiring a new passport after completing 50 years of age.
2. The Government of India has decided to grant further extension in time till 30th June 2021 to get the OCI cards re-issued in accordance with above guidelines.
3. Such OCI cardholders are allowed to travel to India on the strength of existing OCI cards bearing old passport number. However, this will be subject to the condition that the OCI cardholder will need to carry his/her old and new passports and the OCI card having an old passport number.